- Mindfulness Matters
- Sexism at Work
- Having More Time
- Piling On to Help Other Women
- WLN’s Stuck Series
1. Mindfulness Matters. Discussions about the importance of mindfulness continue, and Levo League discusses the benefits of mindfulness, including clear benefits and some motivating (and scary) facts and figures. Looking to give meditation a try but not sure where to start? Try a program like Headspace to make it easy and fun.
2. Sexism at Work. Lauren Rikleen calls attention to this issue in Fortune, including noting that “Often, the behavior is shrouded in the bigger picture. The executive who regularly made uncomfortable comments or told off-color jokes was also a mentor who offered great career advice.”
3. Having More Time. Or feeling like it anyway. Fast Company shares secrets of busy people who don’t feel as stressed about time as the rest of us, including not filling up all of your time and (because they must overhear lots of lawyers) not constantly talking about how busy we are.
4. Piling On to Help Other Women. Andie & Al remind us how important it is to support other women by “piling on” and reinforcing their comments and ideas.
5. WLN’s Stuck Series. In case you missed it, here at WLN over the last few months, we’ve been talking about the feeling of being stuck, three steps to get unstuck, and what to do in the meantime (then even more things to do in the meantime).